Learning how to space or manage the number of babies you give birth to can be important and have financial, physical and emotional implications for you as a woman.
So it is important to know the various options of birth control available for you and choosing the right one for you with the help of your doctor;
- Birth Control Sponge (Today Sponge)
- Birth Control Patch
- Birth Control Vaginal Ring (NuvaRing)
- Birth Control Pills
- Birth Control Shot (Depo-Provera)
- Birth Control Implant (Implanon and Nexplanon)
- Female Condom
- Breastfeeding as Birth Control
- Cervical Cap (FemCap)
- Fertility Awareness-Based Methods (FAMs)
- Pull Out Method (Withdrawal)
- Morning-After Pill (Emergency Contraception)
- Sterilization for Women (Tubal Sterilization)
The birth control options listed above have various advantages and disadvantages. Some options are free while others can be very expensive, if not subsidized by medical coverage. You are the best judge of which option is right for you. When deciding what option is best, it is important to review all of the options and discuss in depth with your partner and your physician.